1. Incorporation of Regulations
In order to enhance public safety from fire and other related hazards, the provisions of 527 Code of Massachusetts Regulations 1.00 to 50.00 as from time to time amended, are hereby incorporated into the town by-laws and any violation of any provision shall constitute a violation of this by-law.
2. Violations and Penalties
Whoever violates any provision of this by-law shall be punished by a fine of fifty dollars ($50.00) for each offense. In the case of any continuing violation, each day said violation continues shall constitute a separate offense. This by-law may be enforced pursuant to the provisions of Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 40, Section 21D by the Head of the Fire Department or his authorized designee as well as by town officers having police powers.
3. Providing Fire Alarm System Information
Every user of a fire alarm system, as required by 527 CMR or 780 CMR 9.00, shall be required to provide the Fire and Police Chiefs with the following information for each business:
- Name of business
- Name of owner of business
- Telephone number where the business owner may be contacted after normal business hours.
- The names and telephone numbers of at least 2 other persons who are authorized to respond and open the premises. Excepting only where the business owner is the sole proprietor.
- The name address and telephone number of the building owner if different than b.
- The name and 24-hour telephone number of the alarm company.
This information shall be reported on a form supplied by the fire department. All information provided shall be considered private and not be made public or otherwise distributed without prior permission of the individuals therein named.
4. Carbon Monoxide Detectors - (Added 5/05)
In all new and substantially altered, residential construction, a 110V Carbon monoxide detector shall be mounted at the base of each cellar stair and on each level of habitation. Except that in residential contruction heated entirely by electricity with no attached garage such detectors shall not be required.