Below please find a link to a new website launched by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health that provides up-to-date information on the status of the coronavirus, also known as "SARS-CoV-2" and "COVID-19".
The best way to prevent infection is to avoid exposure to the virus by doing the following:
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds at a time.
• Using alcohol-based hand rubs and gels.
• Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• Avoid sharing food utensils, containers and other personal items.
Help others by:
• Staying home when you are sick
• Covering your cough or sneeze.
• Wearing a mask if you leave home and have a cough.
This is a rapidly evolving situation, and this information can change as new updates are available from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the U.S. CDC.