Our program contains a unique feature which allows applicants to create their own accounts and then actually view the progress of their application as it goes through the Building Department's approval process. By creating their own account, the applicant can also send attachments, communicate with the building department through either a chat or email, and also maintain a history of previously submitted permits, easily and efficiently without any need to call the Building Department or physically go to the Town Hall. All of the applicant’s information is stored in the account, so that if new applications need to be submitted at a later date, these application forms get pre-filled with the applicant’s information, thus saving a considerable amount of time.
Homeowners are able to submit Building Permits & Electrical Permits only. A licensed plumber or gasfitter has to submit all plumbing and gas permits.
Instructions for Submitting Permits:
- You have the ability to create your own account and then view the progress of their application as it goes through the Building Department's approval process! Please click the following link to create an account. Click here to create your account.
- Once you have created your account, login using your newly created user name and password. You will then go to your “Homepage”. This page allows you follow the progress of your application once it is submitted to the Building department. Click on the New Application link on the top and fill in the online application and submit it.
- Once submitted, you will be taken back to your Home page, where you can see the application you have just submitted.
- Once you have created your own account, you can track the progress of your application by clicking on the Click on the (i) (to the right of the address).
- If you need to attach a document to your application, click on the icon after clicking on the dropdown next to the (i) button, click on “Add Attachment(s)". Then select the document via the browse window which opens up. Once you have selected the document, go ahead and submit it. It will automatically be submitted with your original application!
- Once the permit has been accepted, you will receive notice from the Building Department that payment has been calculated and will need to be submitted. You can go back and make your online payment, simply click into the "A" column to select the permit you are looking to make a payment on and then scroll over to the far right to the pull down menu and select "Pay Fee". You will be directed to the on line payment process. We will also accept a bank check, which can be mailed in to the Building Department. No permit is considered for review until the payment has been made.